Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trip to the big city.

Tuesday our family arrived in Sioux Falls, as I was invited to participate in two media events. A radio interview with KSOO AM 1140 and a Q and A with the other U.S. House candidates. The kids loved the indoor water park and the pull - out couch bed.

I felt the Q and A went well, except my attempt at a joke fell harder than a frat boy for Taylor Swift. There was talk of our Congresswoman being a blue dog fiscal conservative. I stood at the podium and said 'I wouldn't trust a blue dog to balance a checkbook!' Silence. I composed myself and kept on script.

2 comments:

  1. Thad, what are your plans for "publicity" after this?

    Get out there and stay public. I think you could do really well if you can get the supporters and your message/thoughts/ideas out there.

    Good election cycle for you, too. Have you seen Corey's poll on Herseth?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Over the next week I am planning on taking the kids around town to the senior citizens centers to speak to their residents. I want to show the republican party that I can present a positive image for the state and the party. Please if you know of an event which I should attend, will you let me know?

    Yes, I have seen Corey's poll...interesting!

    ReplyDelete