Thursday, November 5, 2009

ID Please!

Recently, Pat Powers from dakotawarcollege.com questioned my 'street cred' on being a Republican. Specifically, my issues with increasing immigration and also our tribes. I believe we need more immigrants, heck, my ancestors came from Germany. We need them to buy houses, start businesses and join our rich history of melting together. Of course they need to check in at the border but the Republicans are supposed to be the party of new and innovative ideas to improve this great Nation. As for our tribes, the point I was trying to make was that as Republicans we want to reduce the size of the federal government and gave all people the chance to succeed. If having the National Forest deeded to the tribes would help them achieve a level above poverty, then I am for it. I did not say give away west river or Rapid City.

Maybe I am the real Republican.

1 comment:

  1. "Our tribes" I'm all for Lakota people getting back a bit of land stolen by the US Government, but your use of the possessive is extremely patronizing. Pat Powers is just a mouthpiece. The only people who read his blog are other talking heads.

    ReplyDelete